SME SEMLEP Growth Hub Grant
As part of ongoing support for businesses, Government grants are continuing to be opened for applications through local Growth Hubs.
Currently the SEMLEP Growth Hub, covering businesses across the South East Midlands including in Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire and Milton Keynes, has reopened applications to its Recovery and Resilience Grant scheme. This scheme offers match funding to businesses to invest in new technologies, plant equipment, machinery, or premises growth to help businesses create employment opportunities.
The minimum grant amount that can applied for is £5,000, and the maximum grant available is £50,000. The grants are designed to build resilience for businesses that have been affected by Covid-19 by supporting investment projects that will create a significant, positive impact on the business’s future.
How To Apply
The Recovery and Resilience Grant scheme is currently open for Expressions of Interest until 10am on 18 October.
Upon completion, the Expressions of Interest will be dealt with in the order received, and a Business Advisor will then be in touch to determine your eligibility and help with the application process. The deadline to submit completed applications is midnight on 28 November.
To be eligible for grant funding, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Small and Medium sized enterprise SME (employ less than 250 people and your turnover is less than €50m or annual balance sheet less than €43m).
- Be a trading enterprise (and have at least 1 years’ worth of accounts).
- Be registered in the UK and have a base in the South East Midlands area.
- Be ready to invest or expand in the local area.
- Must not have been a company ‘in difficulty’ on 31 December 2019.
- Must not have already received a Recovery and Resilience grant.
- Must not be a repeat application, including from a linked company.
Please note that funding is subject to availability. SEMLEP’s Growth Hub reserves the right to close the Expression of Interest period at any point, depending on interest. They strongly recommend completing the Expression of Interest at your earliest convenience.
The Expression of Interest form can be found here.
Should your business not operate within the area covered by the SEMLEP Growth Hub you can find your local growth hub here. Each Growth Hub operates its own grant schemes and regular updates can be found on your local Growth Hub website.